Tiramisu – a special dessert for Father’s Day, this Sunday.
- 50g Mortimer Dark Chocolate Powder
- 1 pack boudoir biscuits (approx 30)
- 3 eggs separated
- 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- 200ml cold strong black coffee
- 3 tablespoons of rum
- In a mixing bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese, sugar and egg yolks, with an electric mixer until evenly blended and creamy.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Fold into the mascarpone mixture.
- Break the boudoir biscuits in half. In a shallow dish mix the coffee and rum. Dip the biscuits in the rum and coffee, carefully as they will absorb the liquid quickly.
- Depending on the shape of your serving bowl, put roughly a third of the biscuits in the bottom. (My serving dish is much narrower at the bottom than top, so I use less biscuits in the bottom), Add a third of the mascarpone mixture. Then sprinkle over a third of the chocolate powder.
- Repeat the layers twice more, finishing with a thick sprinkling of the chocolate powder.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for several hours, or overnight.
This Italian desert is always popular. It looks and tastes wonderful, yet it is straightforward to make.