Chocolate Prune Cream
Soaking the prunes in brandy, makes them plumb and delicious. This is good to serve with my Boozy Prune Chocolate Cake.
300ml double cream
· Put the water and brandy in a saucepan and heat until simmering.
· Add the chocolate powder and stir until melted.
· Add the prunes, remove from the heat and leave to soak overnight.
· Liquidize the chocolate prune mixture to form a chocolate paste *.
· Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
· Stir in the Chocolate Paste.
*The chocolate prune paste would make a lovely dairy free filling for homemade chocolates.